Here at NSCH we believe in providing high quality medical treatment to our patients. Providing the superlative healthcare is a difficult accomplishment, which takes commitment from a collaboration of talented individuals. NCSH plans to provide employees the encouraging work environment that is constantly looking to accentuate innovative healthcare. We welcome you to come be apart of our team.
OR Clinical Coordinator for Business and Education (RN) Nurse
Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and in collaboration with the OR Operations Coordinator.
This position’s primary responsibilities are supply and equipment management in the OR, as well as serving as the education coordinator for the OR department.
- Ensure instrumentation and special supplies are ordered and delivered daily for cases through diligent monitoring of OR schedule
- Assist with obtaining description and purchasing information for surgeon- requested purchases
- Streamline and monitor PAR levels on identified supplies
- Work collaboratively with Material Management
- Assist in identifying educational opportunities and arrange in-services for all OR staff
- Look for cost savings opportunities
- Maintain preference cards
- Serve as charge nurse when needed
- Fill in as staff nurse when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room (RN)
Position available for an RN in our busy surgical operating room. Primary objective is to assure delivery of comprehensive, safe, cost effective and appropriate nursing care for patients across the age continuum (4 weeks-geriatric) in accordance with established hospital policy, nursing practice standards and the Association of Operating Room Nurses. This position should develop excellent working relationships with hospital staff and accept guidance and constructive advice to improve performance. Ability to be flexible and positively accept new responsibilities.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from the North Carolina State Board of Nursing; BLS, ACLS & PALS active certification.
Minimum of 2 years OR experience; Familiar with instruments and equipment related to Perioperative Nursing; ability to demonstrate manual dexterity in handling instruments.
Sterile Processor – Part time
Under the supervision of the Sterile Processor supervisor, and direction of the Manager of the Operating Room, ensures proper care and maintenance for all surgical instrumentation, equipment and sterilization processes. Demonstrates good knowledge of principles and practices of aseptic technique. Demonstrates knowledge of equipment, instruments, procedures and supplies used in the operating room. Able to work under pressure and in situations that demand patience, tact and endurance. Provides on-going and continual communication with Operating Room staff. Communicates special equipment needs as they arise. Monitors the daily schedule for changes in instrumentation.
Skills & Abilities:
• Able to work independently and met established deadlines.
• Able to make sound reasonable decisions
• Highly organized
• Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions.
• Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
• Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situation with tact.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to develop excellent working relationships with staff.
• Demonstrates professional and self-development through continuing education.
• Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed.
• Function as a team in the OR and demonstrate the ability to work under stress with all types of personalities.
Training & Education:
• High School graduate or GED
• Must be able to communicate and understand the English language both verbal and written.
• Certification of Sterile Processing preferred
• 1 year in customer service industry. Medical experience preferred.
• Experience in surgery area preferred
• Ability to work well with people under deadlines and stress
• Ability to be flexible and take on new responsibilities
Environmental Services – Part Time
- Assures housekeeping supplies are stocked daily and according to established PAR levels.
- Performs proper terminal cleaning daily per hospital policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates proper decontamination of clinical areas, equipment, and non-disposable supplies according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Recommends appropriate revisions to new or existing policies and procedures when appropriate.
- Assists with maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly environment, adheres to safety and infection control requirements.
- Maintains proper attire while in the operating room and restricted areas; including use of personal protective equipment.
- Follows standard precautions and safe practices in handling of biohazardous material, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains janitorial closets in a clean and orderly fashion to prevent a hazardous environment.
- Post appropriate safety signs to assure a safe environment is maintained for patients, visitors, and all staff. Reports chemical spills immediately to management and understands MDRO sheets in case of exposure.
- Assures that chemicals are used, stored and maintained in a safe manner according to manufacturers recommendations and reports any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Keeps the patient environment clean at all times using standard procedures in cleaning and maintenance of rooms, offices and common areas.
- Identifies potential risks to patients in order to reduce incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors.
- Adheres to all Hospital Policies and Procedures, specifically Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct, Corporate Compliance, Diversity, and Confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the spirit of the philosophy, mission and values of the hospital through words and actions and implements them into departmental processes, programs, and the working environment.
- Maintains positive working relationships and fosters cooperative work environment.
- Displays honesty and mutual respect when communicating with peers and other departments.
- Follows through on problems that may compromise effective job performance by using appropriate chain of command.
*Physical requirements: bending, sitting, squatting, crawling, reaching, lift up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, pushing and pulling.
Wound Care Center Front Office Coordinator
The Wound Care Center Front Office Coordinator is a highly organized, self directed individual who performs a variety of general office duties to assist the staff, patients, and physicians. The position uses electronic medical records as well as paper charts and will be responsible for greeting patients and visitors, answering telephones, routing calls, scheduling patient appointments and ancillary tests, entering data essential to the hospital registration and billing process, entering patient charges, and assisting with the authorization and recertification of insurance. The position will also be responsible for normal maintenance of office equipment, ordering of office supplies and other clerical duties as directed by the clinical coordinator.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The North Carolina Specialty Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, parental status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Only qualified applications will be considered.
APPLICATIONS accepted only for open positions posted here.