NC Specialty Hospital is currently seeking a part time Cook for the Dietary department.
Under the direction of the Nutrition Services Manager, the Cook works with other Dietary staff to accomplish all aspects of food production for patients, cafeteria food services and catering events. Job duties also include daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties as assigned. Work schedule varies and will involve both weekday and weekend shifts. **The Cook will also be cross-trained to other roles in the Dietary department to permit coverage for other positions when staffing is short. This will include training to provide direct patient nutrition services such as: working with patients to plan daily menus, ascertaining specific information related to patient’s food allergies, preferences, and cultural or religious food-related practices, and may involve tray delivery.This position also includes activities that facilitate the day-to-day operation of the department: quality improvement and quality control activities, conducting quarterly inventories, maintaining an organized and clean work area, and complying with all guidelines of local, state and federal and other regulatory agencies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work independently and meet established deadlines.
- Able to make sound reasonable decisions
- Ability to concentrate on many simultaneous detailed requests
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness; is receptive to change, and exhibits creativity and innovation
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situations with tact
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with patients, patient’s family members, physicians, and hospital staff
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed
- Ability to be flexible and take on new responsibilities
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
Training & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience cooking in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Current Serve Safe Certification required
- Hourly rate to be determined depending on experience
- Position includes company benefits such as health, dental, vision, 401K and other fringe benefits. Details to be discussed upon interview
To apply, please submit an online application, or fax your resume and cover letter to: 919-956-9348. No phone calls please.