ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER
- Prostate cancer is the most common non-skin cancer among men.
- This year alone, there will be 220,800 new cases of prostate cancer according to the American Cancer Society.
- In the United States, there are more than 2 million men who are considered prostate cancer survivors.
- One in seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- Men with prostate cancer may not experience any symptoms at all so it is very important for men to see their physician regularly and have an annual prostate cancer screening.
ABOUT HIFU FOR PROSTATE CANCER
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, or HIFU, with the Sonablate is a minimally invasive treatment option for prostate cancer that heats and destroys targeted tissue with less risk of collateral damage than surgery or radiation.
- The Sonablate, the medical device that delivers HIFU, was approved by the FDA for prostate tissue ablation in October 2015.
- Sonablate is the first device to receive clearance from the FDA for HIFU.
- Approximately 15,000 patients have been treated using Sonablate HIFU in over 12 years worldwide.
The HIFU Procedure
- Sonablate HIFU is performed as an outpatient procedure that typically lasts 1-4 hours depending on the size of the prostate.
- Patients usually have a 1-2 hour recovery period and then are able to resume their normal lifestyle within a few days.
- A transrectal probe is used to capture real-time images of the prostate. Using these images, the treating physician plans, or maps, where tissue should be destroyed.
- As HIFU energy is delivered to the prostate, the Sonablate monitors changes in the tissue and provides feedback on tissue destruction.
ABOUT HIFU PROSTATE SERVICES
- HIFU Prostate Services was founded to provide men access to a less invasive treatment option for prostate disease that has the ability to eliminate cancer and preserve patient quality of life.
- HIFU Prostate Services is the first company to establish centers in the United States offering Sonablate® HIFU technology.
- HIFU Prostate Services provides essential concierge services to all HIFU patients including pre-HIFU education by experienced nurses, dedicated nursing support hotline, two-year patient follow-up, patient education portal and online support groups.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION - HIFU Prostate Services, LLC
HIFU Prostate Services (HPS) was founded to provide men access to a less invasive treatment option for prostate cancer that has the ability to eliminate cancer and preserve patient quality of life. Their mission is to deliver the highest quality of care, support, and technology to the patient and to the urology community for the treatment of localized prostate cancer using Sonablate® HIFU. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and with locations in 12 cities throughout the US. Learn more at http://www.hifuprostateservices.com.